Now for a little lesson! Magnesium sulfate, more commonly known as epson salt, is a naturally occurring mineral that plays an important role in the body. Magnesium helps regulate calcium production, stimulates the release of that "feel good" chemical serotonin, increases ATP production, eliminates toxins and reduces inflammation.
In layman's terms, here's how magnesium sulfate can benefit you:
- Reduces stress, adrenaline levels and blood pressure
- Increases energy and stamina
- Draws toxins out of muscles, decreasing soreness
- Reduces swelling and inflammation once absorbed through skin
- Exfoliates and softens skin
- Neutralizes foot odor
Have you tried an epsom salt bath? Leave a comment below about your results and thoughts!